Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Break!


We are back! For Christmas we got to go home to Utah to see our families for a whole week. We had too much fun....we got to get our teeth cleaned (always fun I know), I got my hair done, Cosmo got to play with all his puppy cousins (6 to be exact), played some tennis in the warm and sunny weather, got some of Grandma Lorna's famous homemade chicken noodle soup, and best of all got to see our families. It had definetely been a while. It was a little bitter sweet coming home to Portland, especially because Portland welcomed us with a "snow storm". It RARELY snows here I guess, so when we got about 3 inches of snow, everyone went nuts! We couldn't believe how funny it was. Everyone was putting chains on their tires and there were a ton of cars that people just abandoned on the side of the road because they didn't want to drive in the snow I guess. It was fun though because we saw 10-15 snowmen that people had built. They definetely take advantage of the limited snow that they get. As for anything else going on there is not too much now that the holidays are over....
Matt: He started school on Monday and is pretty busy. He did really good last semester in all of his classes and we are hoping this semester is the same. He will start cleaning teeth in April on patients which is pretty exciting.
Melissa: I am just a working woman. I am still at the Dermatology office and couldn't love my job more! I am so happy there, and got very lucky to find such a place.
Cosmo: Getting big and was so good when we went home for Christmas. He got to go on the plane with us, and is now a professional traveler. He is a fun little guy and is always entertaining us.
The Portland Snowstorm and one of the many snowmen! Pretty creative I thought....

We went to dinner with both of our parents ( I forgot to get pictures with matt's family)

Got to meet up with my bestest friend April and her husband Paul...oh and the baby on the way Boston....can't forget about him!





Waiting in the airport with delays is always better with an ipod.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had fun! It's fun to read your updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are lovely! i like that mini snowman picture, and you make me want a puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have seen you! your hair is so pretty mel, I can't believe how LONNGGG IT IS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definetely get a puppy sarah! You would love it! You can borrow mine anytime. haha. and I wish I could have seen you Jess! Hopefully sometime soon atleast. Good luck in new york and hopefully we will get a few updates :)

    ReplyDelete