So I am SO overdue to post about our little Hudson's arrival! I have not even had a second to think about blogging since being home, I cannot believe how busy a stay at home mom is! I am loving every minute of it and I am getting used to being on my own and without the help of my awesome Mom and Mother in Law. They were amazing!
So to start off Hudson was about 4 days overdue and Matt and I were going crazy waiting for him to come. I had an induction scheduled for October 4 so we were thinking he would not show up until then. On September 30 Matt and I were at home and invited some of our friends over to watch a movie. They showed up around 8:30pm and at 9:00 my water broke! I thought I just could not control my bladder, but after calling my Doctor's office they said to head to Labor and Delivery. We were so glad our friends the Jenzsch's were there when it happened so they could help us get our things together and keep calm. We headed to the hospital and had it confirmed that my water was broken. After about an hour and half they walked us to the delivery room and my contractions started!
Once we were in the room they started IV's and such and we realized I was already dilated to 6cm-7cm! I was already begging for my epidural at this point, my contractions were 1-2 minutes apart and were horrible!! Matt was such a trooper and helped me survive. He remained calm throughout the whole process which calmed me down a lot as well. After an hour of waiting for blood tests and IV's I got my epidural! I had been scared about getting this for the longest time, but it was the easiest thing ever. After the epidural I was one happy camper! We decided to rest because at this point it was pretty late. After an hour or so the nurse came and had me moving all over the place because baby's heart rate was getting low. She had me lay on my right side as this seemed to help. The only bad thing is that after you lay on one side for too long the epidural will wear off on one side. By the time we were in labor my left side was not numb at all! It was not as painful as expected but I think it is just because so much was going on.
I pushed for about 20 minutes and Baby Hudson was born around 5:30am. He cried instantly which
was a relief! We could not believe our baby was actually here!
We just love those little lips!
Proud Papa!
Funny story! My mom was set to get in around 6pm. We were totally surprised when my Dad and Brother decided to come too! My Dad could not stay away once he saw Hudson's picture! We had so much fun with them here and were SO glad they decided to come celebrate with us!
Matt holding Hudson before we are set to go home!
Getting ready for the car ride home...gulp!
Finally home and cozy!
Hudson and his new brother Cosmo! They are best buddies.
Matt's Mom, Brenda, came to stay with us after my mom had left. My mom stayed a week to help then Brenda stayed 1 week too. It was so great having them here to help with baby, cooking, cleaning, etc. They did everything! I did not even have to lift a finger and it made my recovery so much better.
Out for our first stroller ride!
First Bath! He was unsure about how to feel ha ha.
He loves sleeping with his hands covering his face, so cute!
Our friend Kate Maxwell Apker took some awesome newborn pictures! I will post more once we get them!
So far being a Mom is the best thing ever. It is actually much busier than I expected, especially with my helpers gone. Thankfully Hudson only wakes up 1-2 times a night and has been great at letting us get some sleep. He is such a sweet boy and is getting more of a personality every day. We are so happy he is here and cannot wait to watch him grow!







Yay! I'm glad everything went relatively well! Hudson is so dang cute! Have fun being a mommy, it's the best!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you guys! You're doing great, and LOOK great, Mel!
ReplyDeleteAw! Melissa, he is PERFECT! And you look amazing! I'm so so happy and excited for your new, sweet family of 3! (Make that 4, sorry Cosmo!)
ReplyDeleteyay!! I've been waiting for this post! Yes being a mom is SO much harder that I thought it would be too, but SO fun as well. They just get cuter & more fun each day, just wait till Hudson is smiling all the time, it is the BEST THING EVER. You are so lucky he is sleeping so well though! We are J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! He is so cute! I can't wait to see him!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to finally here the story!! I am so glad everything went well and that you are loving being a mom. I cannot wait to see you guys and meet little Hudson. He is darling.
ReplyDeleteYay i Love reading about the birth story! SO glad everything went well. You look so good by the way!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I LOVE that picture of Hudson and Cosmo! He looks so suspicious!!!! Congrats on the family addition.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Melissa! He is adorable! I love the name! Glad you are doing well! Can't wait to see more pictures!
ReplyDeleteI haven't checked your blog for a while! Hudson is so cute. I'm glad your labor went well. It seems like it went pretty fast for you! That's a blessing. :) I wish we could get together so I could see you and the baby.
ReplyDelete